Information we may collect from you:
Personal data is collected from information you give us through correspondence with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; which includes information you provide when you use our services, information you provide on the website and information you provide when requested by us to verify your data.
Personal data received from other sources, such as third parties with whom we work closely that provide services to you or us or information we gather from publicly available sources. We will combine this data with the information you provide us.
The personal data we process may include name, address, e-mail address, phone number and any comments or information you provide.
Using your personal information:
We use your personal information to give the best possible customer experience. Specifically we use it for the following reasons:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with the information you request from us.
- For statistical purposes so we can analyse figures to help us manage our business and plan strategically for the future.<
- To make you aware of services we offer that have been identified as being specifically relevant to you.
- To ensure compliance with our legal obligations
- To provide you with marketing information about our services to which you have consented.
Legal grounds for using your personal data:
In order to comply with GDPR regulation we must have a legal reason for processing your personal data. We rely on the following conditions to process your data, depending on the activities we are carrying out:
- To perform the obligations of a contract, including prior to entering the contract. We need to process some personal data in order to be able to meet our responsibilities in our contract.
- It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, except where our interests are overridden by your rights, interests or freedoms. It is in our legitimate interest to process your personal data so as to provide you with the most efficient and effective service.
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- You have given consent for the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
Keeping your data:
We only keep your data for as long as we need it to fulfil the purposes that we have described in this privacy notice. Upon completion all personal information is deleted.
As an example; in the case of contractual obligations we will keep personal data for up to 12 years.
Sharing your data:
We will only disclose your personal information to:
- Business partners, suppliers or sub-contractors for the performance of any contract that we enter into with them or you;
- Third party suppliers and service providers for the purposes listed under the “using your personal information” section of this notice.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Virtus Contracts or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Security of your data:
Your data will be held on secure servers within the European Economic Area ("EEA") with all reasonable technological and operation measures put in place to safeguard it from unauthorised access. Where possible any identifiable information will be encrypted or minimised.
Your data rights:
Under the data protection legislation you have the right to:
- Access personal data held by us about you;
- Rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you;
- In certain circumstances, have personal data restricted or destroyed;
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- Withdraw consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data;
- receive personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
- You also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation, at your request;
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection legislation.
If you would like to find out more about our data retention policy and how we use your personal data, or if you want to see a copy of the information about you that we hold, please contact Cameron Shaw at email@example.com.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
View Quality Manual